Download the Myriad Network Topology Guide,
Myriad Network expands the standard Myriad package to allow it to provide split advertising and branding to diverse transmission paths or geographic areas or to allow Myriad to fit in to and interact with networked programming.
The idea for split transmission is simple, all the music, speech, non-networked jingles etc are played in from the studio Myriad system in the normal way but all split advert breaks and split jingles are played by the Myriad Network pc's with one Myriad Network output per split (see diagram).
When a split advert break or split jingle is needed, the central Myriad system instructs the Myriad Network machines to play the appropriate split jingle or advert break and then effectively waits for Myriad Network to tell it that it has finished. All this is done using real time, two way communication over TCP/IP or alternatively, in a passive way using hardware events (if no network connectivity is available).
More complex radio networks can use Myriad Network to allow central programming to trigger local content using your group wide 'WAN'.
Myriad Network Modules
The complete Myriad Network solution consists of three modules that can be deployed to create a bespoke solution for your networking needs. The modules are:
- Myriad Network - Local playout of adverts, jingles and other content. This module is controlled by the central Myriad playout system or from Network Master system. Each Myriad Network PC can play up to four separate 'split' outputs.
- Myriad Network Master - This module provides a top level controller at each site that controls the local Myriad Network outputs and also gathers information and reports back to a central Myriad Network Master which in turn reports to the 'on air' studio.
- Myriad Network Director - This module offers flexibility to your system by giving you a simple graphical interface to control how your network is configured. This is ideal for groups that move 'central playout' between different sites or have sites that opt in and out of network control.
By it's very nature, Myriad Network offers a wealth of potential network options for any radio group wishing to leverage the benefits of centralised resources whilst maintaining localised content and revenue. By mixing local and national advertising revenues you can maximise station income, reduce costs (by centralising playout) and maintain the local 'feel' to the station with location specific branding and information.
We have a wealth of experience in designing and deploying network radio solutions and will be happy to provide a bespoke solution to suit your group needs and infrastructure.
Contact our team for a bespoke solution and competitive quote.
Myriad Network is available as either a software purchase or as a monthly subscription which includes software, support and upgrades.
There are also a number of package deals and discounts available for education and registered charities so please contact us for a personalised quote.
Part Number: Myriad-Playout-TS-COM
- Fully integrated network playout solution.
- Real time control from your broadcast studio.
- Control split opt in / opt out locally or centrally.
- Full reconciliation reporting for your advert scheduling system.
- Network jingles trigged from the studio as if they were local jingles.
- Multiple splits can be played from a single physical playout PC.
Need Some Advice?
Our team of experienced radio professionals will be happy to offer honest and friendly advice on all aspects of broadcast technology
Prefer to talk?
UK. (+44) (0)1482 350700
Eire. (+353) (0)1 44-33-911
Australia. +61 7 56 414 959