Download the XB-14-2 User Manual.
XB-14-2 Broadcast Mixer
The XB-14-2 is a fully fledged broadcast mixer for less than half the price of the nearest rival. Packed with advanced features, the XB-10-2 is ideal for a station looking for a studio mixing capable of delivering live radio, on a very tight budget.
Although many Allen & Heath products are designed for sound recording the mixers in the XB range have been developed specifically for use in radio stations. This means the XB-14-2 includes features such as a built in 'telco' channel, speaker muting (when the mic is on), mic light switching, fader start outputs and more.
Unlike it's little brother (the XB-10), the XB-14-2 includes linear faders making more suitable for use in a live radio studio and the versatility of the desk makes it equally at home as a production mixer.
Part Number: P3251
Key features include:
- 4 mic/line channels
- 4 Dual Source stereo channels
- 2 Telco channels
- HPF and 3-band, swept mid EQ on mono channels
- 2-band EQ on stereo channels
- Variable high pass / low pass filters on Telco channels
- Smooth-ride 100mm faders
- 2-stage, padless pre-amp design
- Fader-start sensing on mono channels
- Start/cue logic outputs on stereo channels
- External meter socket
- Separate headphones mix for engineer/producer and 2 guests
- Auto mutes on control room outputs
- Remote mute facility on mic channels
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Audition bus for auditioning and off-air recording
- Aux and separate stereo busses for processing/recording
- XLR main outputs with inserts
- Input signal and peak metering
What we think...
The XB-14-2 is a remarkable product. A fully fledged broadcast mixer with all the essential tools you need for a fraction of the price of a traditional mixer. It may not be as user friendly as some of our other mixer but for 'bang for your buck' I don't think anything can beat it.Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Team
Need Some Advice?
Our team of experienced radio professionals will be happy to offer honest and friendly advice on all aspects of broadcast technology
Prefer to talk?
UK. (+44) (0)1482 350700
Eire. (+353) (0)1 44-33-911
Australia. +61 7 56 414 959